Friday, August 27, 2010

Still Struggling.....

I am not sure what is going on with me right now. I have just felt 'off' since coming home from Austin. I am not sure if I got a bit of a bug while I was there or just got overly tired when I got back from a long work week, but I am just not finding my groove right now.
The weather has cooled off and that is really helping. I am putting in a few extra hours of work each week to get caught up on some bills and to buy bicycles for Kaity and I to ride with the dogs. I have several friends out of work right now and I am really grateful that I have a job.
Come to think of it....it has been a while since I have taken a good look at what I am grateful for. Maybe listing some things will help get me back on track.
So here goes (not in any particular order)....

I am grateful for Kaity, and that many of her health problems have improved over the years.
I am grateful for my friends- both old and new and all that they add to my life.
I am grateful to my dog Joey for giving me such wonderful memories from when he starred in Annie.
I am grateful to my dog Jakey and the fun I have had in freestyle and agility with him. He was my 'test' dog while I was learning these sports and I am glad that he still loves me.
I am grateful for my little house and property. It is very small and very old but I love it very much.
I am grateful that I have a job that gives me a paycheck and allows me to pay my bills.
I am grateful that I have my health.
I am grateful that I got back in touch with my Aunt Harriet and my cousin Jack. They are my family and I need them in my life.
I am grateful for the horses in my life- both in my backyard and where I work. They help keep me centered.
I am grateful for TillyBelle who has taught me patience and gives me back so much.
I am grateful for Flag-puppy who makes me smile with his puppy antics.
I am grateful for my church. I love attending Life Church and it helps to renew me each week.
I am grateful that I have never wavered in my love for God- nor He in his love for me. While I may not understand the lessons that I am learning I know that they are important ones.
I am grateful for my new dog Spur. He has become my shadow and I know that he will be important in the lives of others.
I am grateful that I love the written word.
I am grateful for Facebook- it is a tool that has allowed me to get back in touch with many friends that I thought were lost to me forever. I cherish these friendships and I am so thankful that I have been given a second chance with so many people.
I am grateful for the support that I have been given by so many people during this journey of discovery and weight loss that I have undertaken.
I am grateful that I have my health. And that I have never been a smoker. With my family history it is a good thing that I never thought about starting.
I am grateful that the YMCA has a pool and is on my way home from work (sort of)...
I am grateful that I have shelter for my horses.
I am grateful for my barn cats. They keep the varmints away and give me lots of love.
I am grateful that when my truck got hit last weekend it did not affect the doors or driveability.
I am grateful that my daughter is Kaity is so sweet and loving.
I am grateful for the sport of canine freestyle. It has given me deep and forever friendships, wonderful training opportunities and memories to last a lifetime.
I am grateful to the host freestyle clubs that ask me to judge shows. I love seeing all of the freestylers compete.
I am grateful that my horse Gussy gained weight and looks so good and is so happy.
I am grateful for my dogs and all of the love that they provide to me.
I am grateful that I have unlimited long distance on my home phone so that I can all my friends and it is free.
I am grateful that the sixth season of Lost is now available and should show up in my mailbox any day now.
I am grateful that when I bought my house sight unseen over the internet it was in a wonderful area with lots of trees.
I am grateful for trees.
I am grateful for Truvia sweetener- tastes great and better than other sweeteners.
I am grateful that there are so many animal lovers in the world that work so tirelessly to make the world a better place for these animals.
I am grateful for the Kentucky Derby. And the fact that the song still makes me cry.
I am grateful for horses.
I am grateful for dogs.
I am grateful for bing cherries, tomatoes, avocados and good salsa.
I am grateful that I have bought artwork over the years that I love. I am grateful for Tommy Goncharoff who advised me to buy my very first good print and started me off.
I am grateful that I got to be around Mr Doty Bars when he won the Champion of Champions after being a claiming horse.
I am grateful that John Cooper gave me a wonderful job ponying for him when I moved to Southern California many years ago.
I am grateful for my friend Lisa who has always been there for me and Kaity.
I am grateful that my window air conditioner keeps my living room cold in the summer.
I am grateful that my friend Sandy lets me train at her training center.
I am grateful that I splurged and bought a Wi a few years ago. I love playing the cart race.
I am grateful that I was able to buy my laptop and get wireless. It has allowed me to stay in touch in so many ways.
I am grateful that my friend Kris is putting on a local competition next month and that I will get to see my friends while there.

Whew.....guess I could go on and on.....

You know, I know that there are probably people who know that I have a rather low paying job and that I am raising Kaity alone and that we often have a bit of a struggle getting by. But when I see my list of what I have to be grateful for (and believe me when I say that I could have gone on a LOT longer with what I was listing) I know that my life is a good one. I wish that everyone had the opportunities to look at their life from a place of gratefulness.

So nothing to report in the weight loss column this week. I am still struggling to get back on track and back in the pool on a regular basis. But I am getting there. And all of you are helping me to get there. Thank you so much........

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Laura I left a private message for you on facebook about the bike.

    I am grateful for many things today-and frightened for many others. Hang on to the good stuff-it's what gets us through.

    ReplyDelete